Job DetailsLocation: Tackley, Oxfordshire
40 Hrs /Week
24000 Per Annum
To assist the Memorial Park Manager to provide a dignified cremation service to the public, to deputise in Managers absence and to assist other crematorium staff in their duties as described below.
To carry out the cremation of human remains in accordance with the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management Inc. ‘Guiding Principles’ and following the requirements of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and all subsequent legislation, and with Flintshire Memorial company policy.
- To liaise with Funeral Directors, Ministers and Families and where appropriate organists or musicians to ensure that funeral services in the crematorium chapel are carried out in accordance with the families’ instructions.
- General cleaning and preparation of the crematory, pulverising room, cremated remains store, toilet. Cleaning of the administration block including toilet fixtures and fittings.
- Process enquiries from the general public and funeral directors and receive and deal with telephone enquiries as necessary.
- To ensure the collection, identification, storage and final disposal of cremated remains in the Garden of Remembrance is maintained correctly and documented and attend when a family wish to be present should the gardener be unavailable
- To carry out the duties of Chapel Attendant, including general cleaning and preparation of the service chapel, cloister, flower room and adjoining accommodation for services and public use.
- Attend services, direct funeral directors, mourners and members of the general public. To act as a pall bearer, both with other crematorium staff and with staff provided by Funeral Directors. Input into Wesley system music as per prelim for playing during the funeral service.
- Maintain floral displays in designated areas; allocate specific areas for floral tributes and dispose of flower and floral tributes as necessary.
- To assist the Gardener/Attendant during busy periods, sick leave or annual leave.
- Car Parking duties as necessary, that is to assist with the organisation of parking at busy services.
- A high degree of care and understanding is a major requirement of the post.
- Any other duties of a similar nature that may be reasonably requested by the Crematorium Manager or representative.
- To assist with meeting the period sales budgets.
- In carrying out the different functions described, it is important that the appropriate clothing is worn for each function.
- Job holders must be of a height and strength to permit them to shoulder a coffin as part of a 4-person team during services
- To follow and adhere to Cremator Manufacturers requirements, whilst complying with Health and Safety requirements along with service plans to ensure the efficient running of the cremator.
- Have the ability to inter-change with all roles and team members to assist in the day-to-day running of the Memorial Park. This requires a high level of multi-tasking and willingness to work inside the building as well as outside in the gardens.
- Client focus
- Good communication skills
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Integrity, sensitivity and commitment
This truly is a unique role with a progressive company with an outstanding reputation for delivering the highest quality of service in this very sensitive sector.