Product Development Engineer
Job DetailsMansfield, Nottingham
40 Hrs /Week
30000 Per Annum
I am currently recruiting for a Project Development Engineer who is based in the East Midlands Area. This is an exciting and diverse position to join a market leading company in their sector. My client specialises in the production and manufacturing of aluminium products through impact extrusion. With over 30 years’ experience my client remains one of the leading suppliers to clients both here in the UK and Overseas in the packaging, defence, technical and automotive industries. For this role you will be required to work at the company’s head office which is just located outside of Mansfield, Nottinghamshire and is situated just off the M1.
The role of Project Development Engineer will see you undertake many different duties including both the manufacturing and design of new and existing products. You will be responsible for effectively developing new products to volume manufacturing standards, meeting and exceeding deadlines for products, achieving the agreed technical specifications and quality that fall in line with company policies and tolerances.
- To successfully implement, control and report on New Product Development projects.
- To develop successful and effective engineering solutions for New Product Development.
- To prepare and maintain accurately the designs, detail drawings, development records and any other technical data related to New Product Development.
- To ensure that the agreed technical and quality specifications have been achieved.
- To assist with the generating of accurate estimates of manufacturing routes, tooling and equipment costs.
- To liaise and communicate with the Technical Director and Manufacturing Department in respect to development projects.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ideally the post holder will be NVQ qualified in either a manufacturing or mechanical discipline.
- Time served engineer within metal extrusion preferably aluminium.
- Have basic knowledge of design processes.
- Ability to create and read detailed engineering drawings.
- A basic salary between £25-30K (DOE)
- Statutory Holiday Entitlement
- Auto Enrolment onto Company Pension Scheme